After looking longingly at others' Versatile Blogger Award badges, I was awarded one for my recent ThunderShirt posts, so kindly, by We Live in a Flat, one of my favorite dog blogs! We Live in a Flat follows the adventures of Donna, a rescued pup who lives in Singapore. Great writing and wonderful images...thank you, We Live in a Flat!
I would like to nominate the following blogs for their excellency and appeal to, well, ME! Love and the Versatile Blogger Award, in no particular order and with no obligation, lest I irritate you, go to:
veggie 4 a year for luscious vegan recipes and activism, helping me though my own transition
No Dog About it Blog for insightful tips and sentiment
Adventures at Run a Muck Ranch for making me feel like my dog chaos could be worse with sweet, candid stories
The War in My Brain for bravery
Love and a Six-Foot Leash for gorgeous photos of gorgeous dogs and a wonderful parenting philosophy
Brie Brie Blooms for creativity
Pawsitively Pets for being so dedicated to all things animal
101 Books for being intelligent and keeping it real in a single bound
Oz the Terrier for informative cuteness
My Brown Newfies & Me for writing with true versatility about a seemingly narrow topic...I'm always coming back for more
Why We Love Green for great tips on how to go green while saving green
Sugar the Golden Retriever for awesome tips and insight...and who doesn't love a golden?
Jen Hatmaker for making me laugh harder than I can remember laughing in a long, long time. If you haven't read her viral post Worst End of School Year Mom Ever, you must. NOW.
Nature Moms Blog for great green mama info that I actually use
my.blind.world. for unflinching honesty
Should you accept your award (you are under NO obligation to do so), you're in for a bit of work, but it's not painful. Versatile Blogger award rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Seven things about me...
• We have a sulcata tortoise. I just haven't blogged about him, yet.
• I have three tattoos. One for each of my kids.
• One of the main reasons I love being a pet sitter is that it keeps me from having too many animals, myself.
• Our dog, Kermit, who passed away almost two years ago, had Addison's Disease and seizures. I haven't blogged about him, yet, either.
• I have a scar on my right hand from a overly-boisterous game of fetch with a dog client. My hand went up and her fang came down. Accidental puncture all the way to the root of the tooth. This happened exactly on the one-year anniversary of breaking three fingers on my other hand.
• I kiss all animals on the lips.
• I don't really like listing "things" about myself.
Congratulations to the newest recipients of The Versatile Blogger award! I can't wait to read your posts.