I'd like to extend a special welcome to those of you who have returned each week for your dose of absolutely ridiculous animal regulations. I appreciate your visits! I can't believe that this post marks out 12th week. Three months of this mayhem, and we have a long way to go! Today, we look at Idaho.
Idaho, you bring us some interesting regulations, to say the least:
• It is illegal to lead an animal on a sidewalk. Well, that's okay. Most of us are led by our animals anyway, right?
• In Boise, residents are not permitted to fish from a giraffe's back–or a camel's. I cannot fathom how this one came to be. I can say, though, that I am relieved that when I travel to Idaho with my pet rhino, we're in the clear for fishing. He would be devastated, otherwise.
• Snakes have been banned from biting humans on a Sunday, except when it's snowing. Now I know when to go looking for snakes. They wouldn't want to risk jail time by biting me, I'm sure.
• In Wallace, you are not allowed to sleep in a dog kennel (unless you're a dog). Thank goodness they clarified things for us.
• You can't buy or sell chickens after sundown without the sheriff's permission. Well that is going to put a damper on the KFC dinner crowd, now, isn't it?
Law information source: stupidlaws.com and dumblaws.com.