We're closing out 2013 with Indiana, bringing us as much unlawful hilarity as the rest:
• A person who dyes, stains, or otherwise alters the natural coloring of a bird or rabbit commits a Class B misdemeanor. Cracking down on the underground bunny bird beauty salon industry at last.
• In Lick Springs, all black cats are to wear bells on Friday the 13th. So that those seeking to destroy them can find them with ease.
• In Indianapolis, no horse shall be driven or ridden on any street in the city at a speed in excess of ten miles per hour. Yee-haw.
• It is against the law to pass a horse on the street. Talk about a back-up. All those horses going only ten miles per hour...
• No one may catch a fish with his bare hands. Just put gloves on, and you're covered.
• In Indianapolis, one may only throw a stone at a bird in self-defense. Enacted after the Hitchcock classic.
• In South Bend, it is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette. They much prefer weed.
Law information source: stupidlaws.com and dumblaws.com, and funlaws.50webs.com.