I must admit, I've been a fan of The Bachelor since it first aired back in...er...probably before some of you were born or something like that. I actually went to a taping once. Yeah, freakish, huh?
What I've never been a fan of are the weirdo things the hopefuls do to make a great first impression. If you've even seen a season premiere, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Cringe. I hide my eyes. I wasn't sure whether to shudder or cheer during last week's season premiere when Kelly, "dog lover" by profession, brought along her chaperone, Molly the dog, to meet Juan Pablo.
Even with Kelly's judgement in question, I was thrilled to see Molly, and I can't wait to find out how this all plays out, because Molly and her person received a rose and will be appearing on tonight's episode. I have questions about what is involved in Kelly's occupation as a "dog lover," but I have more questions about how the dating scene will go for Molly:
• Will Molly be willing to "trust" her relationship with Juan Pablo as they scale down the side of an office building on their first date.
• How will Kelly handle a 2-on-1 with Molly as competition?
• When Juan Pablo goes in for that first kiss, will Molly's tongue get in the way?
• Does Molly have the table manners required for a fancy, romantic dining experience, or will she wolf down her food while Kelly and Juan Pablo's plates go untouched?
• Can Molly hold her champagne, or will she get tipsy and scare Juan Pablo off with talk of puppies?
• Does Molly have the bikini bod required for a steamy hot tub scene?
• If rejected, will Molly go all wild wolf on all the girls, or will she keep her composure?
* How will dropping a load during a romantic stroll on the beach affect her chances?
• Is this dog capable of the cattiness required to appear on the show?
Good luck, Molly! I'm rooting for you.