I have a new favorite state! Washington takes the cake in the way of ridiculous animal laws. Check it out:
• In Seattle, it is illegal to carry a fishbowl or aquarium onto a bus because the sound of the water sloshing may disturb other passengers. Yes, it must be deafening and completely drown out the bus engine sound. And–incidentally–how often does this actually happen? A law?
• In Walla Walla, it is illegal to give noxious substances to a bird in any city park. Just step outside the gates, however...
• In Wilbur, you may not ride an ugly horse. Who, pray tell, is the judge of this status?
• It is illegal to catch a fish by throwing a rock at it. But it's so effective. Isn't it?
• In Spokane, It is illegal to interrupt a religious meeting by having a horse race (repealed). Thank goodness this has been repealed! Don't waste your money on the plate pass, people!
And, I must just preface the reveal of the next law with this: We've covered 47 states so far, and this, without competition, is my favorite law I've seen so far. It made me LOL for longer than I care to admit, and I won't even try to provide commentary. It speaks for itself. Drumroll, please:
• The harassing of Bigfoot, Sasquatch or other undiscovered subspecies is a felony punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment.
Join us next Saturday when we take a look at West Virginia!
Law information source: stupidlaws.com and dumblaws.com.