Most Wisconsin laws revolve around cheese regulation, but there are a few ridiculous animal laws for us to enjoy. Check it out:
• Livestock have the right-of-way on public roads. You mean, we can't just run them down?
• In La Crosse, it is illegal to tie up your horse along Third Street. Just let them roam free, instead. They have the right-of-way.
• In La Crosse, it it illegal to worry a squirrel. They are so jittery, anyway. How do you tell if they are truly worried? That's a set-up if I ever heard one.
• In Sheboygan, only police officers may shoot birds in the city. Because we all know what lawbreakers pigeons are. We have to crack down, once and for all.
• In Sun Prairie, cats are forbidden from entering cemeteries. Just give them a heads-up. They'll listen. Cats always do what their people say.
Next week, we'll wrap up our Silly State Law Saturday series with Wyoming! Come back and visit.
Law information source: stupidlaws.com and dumblaws.com. State photo source: freedomtomarry.org