Just when I thought all angles in the dry dog food world had been covered, along comes a brand new line of all-natural, premium-quality food from Weruva, a family-owned pet food company. We are always interested in learning about healthy pet food, but before N.A.S.H.A. and I even checked out Weruva® Caloric Melody™, I was impressed, as these friendly people sent us a hand-written note of appreciation just for giving their new food a shot. That personal touch tells me Weruva doesn't just say they care. They really do!
This post is sponsored by Weruva® and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help create awareness about the launch of Weruva's new Caloric Harmony™ and Caloric Melody™ Dry Dog Food, but we only share information that we feel is relevant to our readers. Weruva is not responsible for the content of this article.
what is weruva caloric harmony and caloric melody?
Weruva Caloric Harmony and Caloric Melody are brand new on the scene. Their focus is not just on caloric intake, but on WHERE those calories come from. Nutrition matters for our dogs just as it does for us. When we choose–say–300 calories of vegetables vs. 300 calories of potato chips, our bodies thank us by operating at a higher level. Dogs have nutritional needs, as well, so making sure the calories they consume are coming from the right places is important for energy, overall health, and vitality.
achieving balanced canine nutrition
Weruva is rolling out their brand new line of premium dog food with the goal of providing our dogs the nutrition they need for optimum health. They explain that your dog's calories come from three places: protein, fat, and carbohydrates. More calories should come from protein than fat, and more calories should come from fat than from carbohydrates. Achieving the right balance is important for proper nutrition.
what makes weruva's caloric harmony and caloric melody so special?
I won't feed N.A.S.H.A. any food that compromises on quality. Weruva's new line meets our standards because it is all-natural and uses quality ingredients. It is important to us, too, that as a family-owned pet food manufacturer for over ten years Weruva uses ethical practices. We've been trying out the Weruva Caloric Melody Lamb Dinner with Lentils formula, which N.A.S.H.A. really digs! But what makes it so special?
• the main source of calories is protein, as it should be in a balanced canine diet
• there is no potato, wheat, corn, or soy
• there are no artificial flavors or artificial preservatives
• pumpkin is added for healthy digestion
• seaweed is added for natural prebiotic action
• includes salmon oil, linoleic acid, zinc, and B vitamins for healthy skin and coat.
• low fat
• low ash content
• low-glycemic level to help maintain steady energy
• responsibly-sourced ingredients
N.A.S.H.A. seems to really love the Caloric Melody. She's pretty picky about food. There are three levels for her.
1. I smell it and walk away and refuse to eat it even if I starve to death.
2. I smell it and walk away, but I'll be back later when I'm super hungry. It will be consumed for survival.
3. I smell it and immediately dig in, whether I'm hungry or not, and then I beg for more, driving my mommy crazy by punching her in the leg while she's trying to work.
Weruva's Caloric Melody falls into category three. N.A.S.H.A simply loves it, and I can feel great about feeding it to her. It's a win-win! Except my leg is getting sore...