Did you know that April is Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month? There are all sorts of ways we humans exhibit animal cruelty, but one of the worst is dog fighting. What makes me most mad about dog fighting is the fact that it's simply for "fun." Animals are tortured repeatedly–both psychologically and physically–for the entertainment and monetary folly of twisted individuals. Please join me in helping the ASPCA® with their #GetTough Movement in time for National Dog Fighting Awareness Day (NDFAD) on April 8th, 2015 and enter our #GetTough Giveaway.
By joining us to help the ASPCA #GetTough on Dog Fighting, you support them as they work to eradicate dog fighting by assisting in raids and rescues alongside law enforcement agencies and by advocating for stronger laws and sentencing for those involved in dog fighting.
The ASPCA has made it simple for us to help:
1. Get the toolkit. Fill out a simple form on the ASPCA web site to get your FREE #GetTough toolkit, which includes a #GetTough micro-poster and images to post on social media. There is also a printable poster, so you can take a selfie with your pooch to help spread the word.
2. Take action. Right there on that very same page, you can click to sign the ASPCA's petition to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), asking it to prosecute dog fighters with greater frequency in 2015 and beyond.
3. Learn more. The ASPCA's Fight Cruelty section has a wealth of information about their work to end dog fighting. You can read about recent dog fighting raids and rescues as well as learn about breed-specific legislation.
But before you go, enter our #GetTough Giveaway for your chance to win:
• No One Wins in a Dog Fight t-shirt
• ASPCA frisbee
• #GetTough on dog fighting sticker
• ASPCA bumper sticker
• Fight Cruelty wrist band
What are your thoughts on dog fighting?