Well Minded professional pet sitting service was opened in the summer of 2005 by Kristen Carr.
Kristen began pet sitting in southern California at about twelve years of age, which gives her some too-many-to-count years of pet sitting experience. She continued to look after animals throughout her school years, and even still through college and beyond. When her family moved to Arizona in 2005, Kristen decided to open a full-time pet sitting business, following her passion.
In the spring of 2013, Kristen began writing a pet lifestyle and wellness blog. In her blog, she has melded together her greatest passions: her family, animals, her experience in pet sitting, health, environmental wellness, and writing. In addition to writing her own blog, Kristen is a regular contributor to other blogs and local publications, as well as animal-related organizations.
Kristen lives in the Ahwatukee Foothills of Phoenix, Arizona, with her husband Brennen Sr., sons Brennen Jr. and Porter, daughter Campbell, dog N.A.S.H.A., sulcata tortiose Fluffy, and fish, Plantie and Roosevelt.
• member of Pet Sitters International (PSI)
• animal first-aid and CPR-certified
• featured in Hybrid Mom Magazine's "Amazing Ways Moms Make Money"
• media gallery curator for the Animal History Museum
• holistic pet care contributor on Hybrid Rasta Mama
• pet lifestyle contributor on Brie Brie Blooms
• mom blogger for Childsplay
• pet news contributor, Inside Ahwatukee Magazine
• founding member and 2005-2007 president of Maricopa Women in Business (MWIB)
• co-founder of Maricopa Mutt March